Back to the Yard

Our return to the location we started "The Betty" on was somewhat less grandiose, but nonetheless a rewarding shoot. This time we had a crew of three and knocked out a single scene. It was an exercise in flexibility for sure. I scrapped the shot list as soon as we got into the converted container "office" because there was no way to make the lighting work the way I had visualized it in my head. It was narrower than I'd imagined and more run-down than I would have liked.

Working to a schedule though, we shot till about noon and we'll have to make another trip out there. two more scenes (one very short) in the container/office and one outside it, with a few pickups and we can scratch that location off the list.

I started cutting together a rough cut to see how the shots played together and I'm pretty pleased with it. We shot entirely with available light, setting a desk next to one of the windows, and the results, particularly on Greg's face, look great. I'll post some grabs soon.

0 comments: